DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT MODEL OF HOW PRACTICES WILL WORK TOGETHER
CITY HEALTH GP Federation is in the process of developing an operating model on how we will bid and collectively deliver services. This will include:
- How work will be allocated to practices.
- How performance will be managed.
- How non-performance will be tackled.
CITY HEALTH WORKFORCE BANK
CITY HEALTH is exploring to develop its own workforce bank model which will include local locums GPs and healthcare workers. These professionals will work across the federation and help the practices to reduce the cost of staffing.
RECRUITMENT & RETENTION
Bradford faces many challenges recruiting GPs. In order to support recruitment the Federation is:
- Developing a publicity campaign to sell the benefits of Bradford.
- Offering a training package for practices wanting to recruit
- Offering a one-stop web page with reasons to work in Bradford and with vacancies.
- Hold one open two day event for interested overseas GPs including visits to practices and spouse tours
- Raise the profile of Bradford primary care, for example by publishing articles in trade magazines.
City Health is looking to improve the quality of care by improving the standards of workforce development and training of primary care professionals. We will be working with a number of stakeholders, partners and workforce training experts to draft a plan on how the federation can implement its workforce development strategy.